So I thought they were finished. They looked amazing, not a scratch during assembly and everything was fettled a fitted to perfection. Now check out the first picture…! As you’ll see, the 90 degree brass inner tube valve hits the pivot bolt nut. I’ve since found this to be a common problem with the Lambrettas as well, the answer being … Read More
My nemesis; perished pressed/moulded rubber trim. This stuff is a swine, I’ve taken some measurements and I’m thinking that I’ll either try to make them or have them laser etched out of rubber sheet; a process I’ve only just learnt about. Fingers crossed I can get that sorted soon!! It all seems to be made out of the same stuff; … Read More
I had the new nylon bushings delivered today. Even with my best endeavours, I couldn’t find ones which were 30mm long and had to opt for 35mm ones instead. This meant I had to cut the inner tube but 10mm to accommodate them. No hardship, they went in perfectly with a bit of persuasion and temporarily hung the swing arm … Read More
One of the more gratifying tasks on this project are when a small amount of effort makes a huge cosmetic difference. I’m sure I should be doing more important things but thought I’d get the horn back on with the nose cone ready to be attached (after I find a way of re-making the perished rubber seals!). Looks cute though.
I’ve been itching to get these done and they don’t disappoint. I decided to use dome head bolts used on Lambrettas to join the two wheel plates together as they look so much better than a normal nyloc. I have used nylocs to attach the hubs though (I was advised to use these instead of domes for this purpose). They … Read More
I had to start somewhere so I thought I’d take look at the side panels. A significant moment of putting the first part back on the bike, the four small black rubber panel pin holders! I’m very impressed with myself lol. Next I needed to attach the retaining twist locks, without scratching the paint. Not the easiest of tasks but … Read More